”Karposh” was established as an enterprise of public importance
It all started back in 1948. After the World War II, the country needed immediate reconstruction. On February 11, decision No. 1334 by the Government of People’s Republic of Macedonia, proposed by the Minister of industry and mining, in the municipality of Gjorce Petrov, the Factory for concrete products ”Karposh” was established as an enterprise of public importance. The factory received its name after the national hero Hristian Todorovski - Karposh. Four of the old buildings were restored and adjusted into workshops. The same year, 1948, two cranes of five and ten tons, were received as a gift and were installed in the ”Centrifuga” workshop. This is the period when the production of concrete haberdashery and viticulture concrete columns initiated.
The main raw material that is used in the production of concrete, sand, is obtained from the Lepenec river by separation. In that period, the sand of this river was categorized as the most quality one.
This factory is constantly following new production trends and using new and modern machines.
One of the most devastating days in the history of the city of Skopje. Almost 80 % of the city was destroyed
In 1963, 26 July is remembered as one of the most devastating days in the history of the city of Skopje. Almost 80 % of the city was destroyed, and more than 200.000 people were left homeless. Many industrial capacities were destroyed. The Government of USSR sent a factory for constructing energy efficient buildings. This factory had a capacity of 1200 flats per year, with total living area of 35000 square meters and it was given to the ”Karposh” factory.
After this, the factory expands and the number of employees and qualified staff increases. “Karposh” has projects all over Macedonia and Yugoslavia. The overall dimensions of a building with two entrances are finished within 18 days.
This is the beginning that will later lead the factory to designing and manufacturing of other types of fittings for residential buildings, homes, industrial buildings, commercial buildings, and bridges.
Manufacturing of transmission line poles started in 1966
The manufacturing of transmission line poles started in 1966. This production was intended for the whole country of Yugoslavia.
First industrial building was constructed
The first industrial building was constructed in 1968 in Prishtina, for the needs of the ”Kosovka” factory.
The development of ”Karposh” factory, from its beginnings until today
The development of ”Karposh” factory, from its beginnings until today, is moving upwards because it follows three basic principles:
• Specialized products
• Constant modernization
• Research and adoption of new technologies.
This development is supported by technical help, efficient logistics, and staff improvement. The expansion of the factory has always been completely respecting the environment.